Most people tend to shop in stores they are familar with and that are close to home. However, seeing your favorite celebrity in a certain store could persuade you to shop there as well. Having a celebrity shop at or even endorse a certain store can really help the business out. Many people tend to idolize celebrities, and seeing them buying certain products makes their fans want teh product too. After seeing a celebrity with a Roots bag, you might want one too, giving Roots more business simply because a celebrity shops there. It is the same for actual endoresments too. Wathcing a commercial for ProActive with Jessica Simpson will make people with acne want to buy it because if a celebrity uses it, it must work. However, some people are not fond of celebrities being used to boost business. Some people think that it is unfair to use the celebrities to endorse their store or product. Ross said, "They're pimping these people out far too much." They believe that "selling out" is out dated and the retailers shouldn't depend on the celebrities so much to promote them. Celebrities only became part of the "business plan and business model," because retailers found it a great way to profit. Retailers invite celebrities to their store and let the paparazzi know so that they can be photographed with their merchandise. They also leak gossip about celebrities shopping in their stores so that the public will be intrigued and wish to shop there as well.
I think that it is ridiculous how much people idolize celebrities. They are jsut people. When I hear about a celebrity shopping here or there it doesn't impact me. I don't need to dress like the celebrities because it won't change who I am. Sometimes when watching a show or movie and I see an outfit I like I'll comment on it, but I don't demand to know where they bought it from so that I can rush out and buy it. I buy clothes that I find attractive, not because Angelina Jolie was wearing something similar. I buy food that tastes good to me, not food that Adam Brody was eating. Celebrities do not really have an impact on me as a consumer.
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment